Thursday, March 3, 2011

CAN. NOT. WAIT

I love me some books. I love me some reading. I love being whisked away by my imagination to another place, another time...

I once did an interview for a college scholarship... when asked about my hobbies I paused and thought:

oh shit I don't really have an avid hobby. Yeah I like to hang out with friends and family, but I'm sure they get that a lot. I don't ride horses (and won't again for quite some time). I don't play a sport. I don't know what I can say in this moment to win this panel over.

Then it hit me.

The panel of people interviewing me consisted of maybe two males and five females. I knew just what to say.

So I proceed to explain that I'm interested in many different things.(win for me) I love lots of things and have many hobbies (well rounded) but at the end of a long day my favorite thing to do it curl up with a good book (intelligent). I told them nothing was better than reading a good ole romance novel to take your mind off the issues of everyday life.

I won the ladies over with that  statement because who doesn't love a good ole naughty romance novel to enjoy a little escape from their every day life.

Long story short. I got that scholarship and it paid for two years of my college education... books and all. 

I say all of that to say... BOOKS ARE COOL! I love them!!

And when a book is made into a movie I can't help but be sucked in.

If I have read a book and it then comes out as a movie I have to go see it. Have to. 8 times out of 10 the movies can't compare, but I still have to check it out and see. Harry Potter is pretty right on. The Twilight movies do NOT come close to comparing in my opinion.

And now yet another book that is coming out in movie form that I talked about in this post back in June. I loved the book Water for Elephants and I can. not. wait to see the movie.

The trailer looks really good!



Come on April 22, 2011!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin