Friday, April 20, 2012

50 Shade of Grey

Last month I wrapped up the ever controversial  Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy.


I liked the books. I wasn't scared. I mean, yeah, I had to Google a few words just to understand exactly what was being discussed. I won't say what word or what it meant. It was a little too X-rated for my innocent blog. 

But the books were entertaining and that's what I love in a good book. To be entertained. 

This week my pal, Lacey, came over for a nice home cooked dinner (provided by yours truly). After dinner we poured us a bottle glass of  wine and settled in on the couch for lots of very meaningful and deep girl talk.

The topic of discussion was, who we would cast as the main characters in Fifty Shades of Grey. 

When looking for photos for this post I came across this article by Huffington Post (click here), which theoretically casts the all the characters in the book. For the most part I agree with the choices... but not with the main man. 

In my mind I picture billionaire, sex fend, tattered soul, Christian Grey, being played by either Matt Bomer (of White Collar) or Paul Wesley (of Vampire Diaries).



What do you think? In my mind Christian Grey is well put together, a bit rough around the edges, (for some reason I picture him being around 5'9") and quite handsome.

As far as Anastasia Steele, the innocent, virginal, recent college grad I can't quite decide. Lacey said Kristen Stewart but I don't know about that. The Huffington Post article thought Elizabeth Olsen. 

Have you read the books? Who would you cast? 

If you haven't read them. Go for it. Don't be scared. It's starts out crazy, but by the end of book three it all makes sense. 

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin