Tuesday, December 15, 2009

In the Georgia Dome on the Fifty Yard Line while the Dirty Bird Kick for T'ree

(what song is that from?)

Ryan and I did see the Dirty Birds (Atlanta Falcons) kick for three this past weekend in a game against the New Orleans Saints!



If you are a frequent reader of this blog or if you have ever met Ryan then you are well aware that football is his #2 love in life... (I'm declaring that I'm his #1). In any case, he loves high school football, college football, and even the NFL. I won't even get started on his "man crush" on Peyton Manning (the Colts are his favorite team). I'm just sayin'

Needless to say, Ryan watches all the NFL games on Sunday and Monday nights. I don't love this, but I work with him on it.

Although Ryan loves the NFL he'd never been to a game until this past weekend.

You see my cousin Celinda's boyfriend, Matt purchases season tickets for the Atlanta Falcons... which means he has two tickets to every game (duh). Well, over a few drinks back in October Ryan and I were talking to Celinda and Matt and we decided that we would have to come over to Atlanta for a game before the season ended. So that's what we did this past Sunday. We were able to score two more tickets for a reasonable price so we headed over the GA Dome for a game.



It was so much fun. The atmosphere is intoxicating and if I'm honest here (and I always try to be completely honest with you guys) it made me want to drop it like it was hott (or at least purchase some tighter pants)! The beers were flowing, the jams were pumping, and folks were cheering for their team of choice. I was loving it and so was Ryan.


(you might not be able to tell by the picture, but the photo above is of Reggie Bush after he dropped the ball and then recovered it...  I can only assume he got distracted by thinking of Kim Kardashian's big ole booty.)

The half-time performance was by none other than Atlanta Native, Big Boi, of the rap duo Outkast. Let's just say, "Ain't nobody dope as me- I'm just so fresh and so fresh and so clean, clean."

The game should have been a blow out (according to football talk leading up to the match up) because the Falcons had several key player who were hurt, however, the game was close right until the end. The final score was 26 to 23- with the Saints claiming the victory.



After the game we ventured over to The Varsity (What'll ya have? What'll ya have? What'll ya have?) for chili dogs, fries, and onion rings. It was a great way to top off the day.

A big thanks to Celinda and Matt for graciously hosting us! You two made a little boy's dream come true!

**** Disclaimer- sorry about the picture quality. My camera battery was dead so all pictures via blackberry and iPhone.****

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin