Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Big News-



This past weekend, Ryan, asked me to marry him and I said YES!!



Saturday morning started out simple enough. We got up and got ready for the first Auburn football game of the season...everything was going as usual. Little did I know what Ryan really had in store for the day.

Upon arrival in Auburn, Ryan's sister, Ali, called and told him that we would need to meet her to pick up their brother's tickets. Well, this really overwhelmed me. We would have to walk all the way to Samford Hall, which was no where close to being on the way to our tailgate spot.

So I huffed and puffed- not really wanting to make the long haul. At one point, we passed my friend Katie Beth's tailgate and I insisted that I would stay there and wait on Ryan to pick up the tickets and return.

I know that he had to be thinking... this girl is such a handful...

He ended up persuading me to join him for the rest of the journey. Once we arrived at the area near Samford Hall where we were supposed to meet Ali, I insisted that we stand in the shade. I turned to look for Ali and when I turned back around to suggest calling her... Ryan was getting something out of his pocket...

I was confused... and then it all started to make sense... I was all Is this it? For real? Your really doing it?!! By that point, he was on his knee asking the big question, to which I gladly accepted!

Ali had time to catch up with us and snap a few pictures. People were cheering us on and ohhing and ahhing... I was eating it up.

I couldn't have asked for a more special moment. I was completely surprised and the ring is BEAUTIFUL!


A friend asked me if it felt odd for one of the "big" moments in life to have come and gone... and my answer to that is no- it's doesn't feel odd at all. It just feels right. Ryan couldn't have done better. I could not have asked for more. He surprised me and did it in way that is so Ryan- surrounded by people who love Auburn Football as much as we do!



The rest of the day consisited of us celebrating with friends and family. It was perfect.





Now... let the planning begin and eating cease (that goes for everyone... let's be skinny for the big day)!

7 comments:

aLiSoN said...

I am soo happy for you! Congrats! Cindy told me yesterday that she saw it on facebook, and I was just waiting for a post so I could see for my self. The ring is so pretty- He did good!

Mrs. Coach Thompson said...

Yay! I am so excited for you guys! Kudos to Ryan! Darren was excited too - he said, "I bet Ms. Jessica was jumping up and down." LOL! FYI - you better lay off that beer girl, or switch to Miller 64 - ha!

Blaire Wood said...

CONGRATULATIONS! So sweet!

beachvintage.com said...

Oh congrats. How wonderful and exciting for you both. I wish you all the best together. Thanks so so much for dropping by Beach Vintage and leaving a comment.

Arianna Belle said...

Congratulations!! How exciting!!

Christina said...

big congrats to you! this is so exciting! eeek!

Mrs. K said...

so sweet! congrats to you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin