Monday, August 1, 2011

O.T.W. Laid Back... with My Mind on My Money and Money on My Mind

Over the weekend...

... we straight up took it easy. 

On Saturday I got some much needed cleaning done around the house, while Ryan worked in the yard. By lunch we were both ready for some rest and relaxation.

I headed to the pool to hang with my family as well as Deidra and Ryan headed to the lake for some time with the boys. (I often wonder what it is exactly boys do when they get together, hmmm)

Saturday evening Deidra and I hit up Mexican for some chips and guac... then without really having any plans or any where to be we headed to my house to hang out.

Then I realized that TLC's wedding special about Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo would be airing shortly.

We did what any normal people would do... Deidra and I made some homemade chocolate chip cookies and popped a bottle of champagne!! Holla.

I'm not sure if the champagne had us loving the show or if it was just that good, but we really enjoyed it.

I will say that Vanessa is beautiful. Stunning, even. She was gorgeous in the entire show... up until her actual wedding. Her dress was blah, and her hair and make up were even more so underwhelming, but I think the heat and humidity played a part in that. 

At the end of the day I think she and Nick are madly in love.  (but I thought he and Jessica were too)

Sunday... we took it super easy. We watched TV, (and by "watched TV" I mean  we watched The Braves because Ryan was in charge of the remote), laid around and I ended up doing our grocery shopping for the week.
Maggie is great at taking it easy.

Hope yall had a chilled out weekend too.

*Oh and I went ahead and checked- TLC will air the wedding special again on Friday morning (08/05) at 10:00am CST.. Set your TiVo, you will not regret it.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin