Monday, August 15, 2011

O.T.W.

Over the weekend...

... Friday night I had a little date night with my man, which included Mexican and movie watching. We watched Your Highness starring James Franco and Natalie Portman.

Sweet Maggie and Ryan before we headed out for dinner.

It's a bit ridiculous but funny all the same. Not a movie everyone will enjoy.


Saturday around lunch a summer storm blew in. It didn't last thirty minutes but had some strong winds and scary lightning. Well, Maggie and I were sitting calmly on the bed checking the weather app on my phone, when all of a sudden I heard a loud pop and then a bang. Maggie started barking and I grabbed her and ran. It was instinctive. Needless to say, when I looked out side I saw this:

It looks smaller in the pic. Trust me... it's rather big limb.
Turns out this huge limb snapped right off the tree and bounced right off the side of our house. Upon initial inspection it doesn't look like it did too much damage... just a dented the gutters a bit.

After the storm passed on Saturday I ventured to Auburn for an afternoon of shopping and dinner/drinks with my best good friend, Kaci.

We had dinner at Moe's Original BBQ, a new-ish restaurant downtown. The food was awesome and the atmosphere great! I highly recommend it. I can't wait to go back with Ryan in tow.  After the food is gone a band gets started.

I had so much fun catching up with sweet Kaci. She and I were roommates while we were in school at Auburn. I can't tell you how many late night chats we had or laughs we shared.

On Sunday I ventured back to Auburn with Deidra to meet Kaci for the matinee of The Help. Now, I read this book and I loved it. LOVED IT. Who didn't?

But the movie is awesome. We laughed, cried, people clapped and even cheered. It was so so good. Go see it!!

After the movie Deidra and I hit up J. Tokyo for sushi and Gimlets.

Please note the straw is on the outside of the glass. Fancy bartending trick.

It was a fun filled weekend, I must say!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin