Monday, April 23, 2012

O.T.W. Waverly Boogie

Over the weekend we loaded the truck down with bag chairs, coolers, and folks and headed to Waverly, Alabama for the 12th Annual Waverly Boogie.

In years past they've had bands which included the Civil Wars and even the Alabama Shakes. So we knew the music would be good!

This year, Centro-matic was the headlining band  and was accompanied by bands Hurray for the Riff Raff, the Pine Hill Haints, Soul Coalition of East Alabama, the Lazybirds, Glossary, and Lee Bains III and the Glory Fires.


Hurray for the Riff Raff




All the music was great. 

There were artsy vendors from all around offering hand made crafts including: jewelry, artwork, pottery, etc...


I took a little extra cash and let's just say I spent it all. I love nothing more than something original for myself or our home. 

Everyone had an awesome time. We had a few brews while sitting outside listening to good music, surrounded by great people. 


Lacey and I had a tiny photo shoot in this field of flowers.

The girls! (bess, ali, lacey, deidra, me)









Towards the end of the day I talked Lacey in to doing some "hooping" with me down front. It was great. I was so excited to be able to bust out my Lasso Trick I learned a few months back. I think maybe a couple of people were impressed.

I think I was being an actress here. Like, obviously I shut my eyes to really show how I was feeling the music. 

Lacey isn't acting. She really does feel the music.

Jenn is SO good. 

Hoopers come in all ages.


It was pretty much an awesome Saturday.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin