Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Wedding Update (because you're dying to know)

Recently the blog has been a little slow going. Planning the wedding has kind of taken over my life. I spend my weekends making quick trips to Hobby Lobby, rushing to appointments for dress fittings, or finalizing guest lists for different showers.

I didn't want to bore anyone with the planning of the wedding, but then I got to thinking about it... This blog is about me.... it's my life and all that goes on. So I suppose it's only fitting to occasionally update the blog with the wedding goodness.

This past weekend Ryan and I went to Dillard's to finish up our registry there. Let me just say this- registering for gifts sounds fun, but it's a little bit overwhelming (or at least that's what I've found). It seems odd to pick out your own presents...

Ryan was a sport (for the most part). I had been to Dillard's once with my mom so we had picked out a good portion of items. Ryan just had to help with the linens, bedding, etc.

Here's a quick peak into our little registry:

Our fine china:

I love that I could essentially use this china for any occasion. By simply changing the table decor and charger I can host a gathering for any time of the year.

Everyday:


The everyday also has some colored pieces to mix and match. I don't think the picture does it justice.

A cool cake plate:

Because I will surely be baking some cakes when I get this bad boy:

Ryan and I agreed that this bedding suited both of us. I tend to like a lot of color and pattern... Ryan would be fine with neutrals and solids. So we setteled on a semi-neutral color in a pattern:


I got tickled at Ryan because he would find something he liked such as this, Ralph Lauen Decanter:

and he would scan it with the price gun, however, once he would note the price we would immediately remove the item. "No need in asking anyone to go broke for a gift"

On another note, my invitations came in. They are so pretty. My friend Katie Beth over at The Good Stuff (shout out)designed the invitation suite. They could not have turned out more beautifully. I am not going to show a picture because it will take away from the excitement of receiving them in the mail. (maybe after they are mailed I will post a picture for those that are curious). Just make note, if an invitation suite can be bad ass- mine are (in my uber biased opinion).

I don't think I've had any super serious breakdowns *knocking on wood*. I can only think of two times that I have had a come apart during this whole planning process. Once while trying to decide on a church- long story there; however, I couldn't be happier with the decision I made. The second tiny break down was while wedding dress shopping and it had more to do with the fact that I'm dramatic than any thing. I couldn't be happier with the dress I chose and I can't wait for everyone to see it.

This entire planning process has moved right along. It is roughly two months until the wedding. Boy has the time flown by! Some days when I'm trying to schedule a time for bridal portraits, or remind Ryan to pick out a tux (it's only two months away), or find a time for my aunts to come check out the church, or touch base with the florist about some last minute changes... I just stop and remember that maybe it is a lot of planning but it's also so that I can marry Ryan. 

I asked Ryan the other day if while at work if he ever thinks about the wedding and gets super pumped. He laughed at me, but I wasn't kidding. I can be driving down the road and think about how close the wedding is and just get beyond stoked about it all.

I guess what I'm saying, is that at the end of the day, when it's all said and done, I will be married to Ryan. No matter what mixer we have (which will likely be a kitchenaid) or the pattern of our fine china (which can be used for any occasion), or the flowers on the end of (how many) pews.... I will still be married to Ryan and I can't wait.

Bring on the showers of love/cool prizes for the home, the bachelorette nonsense, and luncheons galore because it's:

67 DAYS until go time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh man, how that got me all mixed of emotions--crying happy tears, and laughing (with a little devilish grin) thinking about "the bachelorette nonsense"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin