Monday, February 1, 2010

An Obsession

As you may know I love the HBO series TrueBlood (as documented here). It's so risqué and always leaves you hanging- wanting more. I purchased season one on a whim one night and Ryan and I were instantly hooked... we watched episodes back to back for a week, until we had finished the entire season.

For Christmas I wanted to get Ryan season 2 for his stocking stuffer, however, HBO hasn't released the second season on DVD. So that didn't work out. Little did I know Ryan also looked into getting me Season 2 for my stocking stuffer, but to no avail.

However, Ryan out smarted HBO, as he went straight to the source.
You see, somewhere along the way I told Ryan that HBO had based the show on a series of books written by Charlaine Harris.

The series of books is called, The Sookie Stackhouse series. It consists of 10 books. The first book just happens to coincide with season 1 of the HBO show and the second book... well, it coincides with season two. 

Sure, there are some difference in books and the HBO show. The show tends to make things a bit more gruesome, but all the characters are the same. And let me just say this... the characters were cast so well for the show because they are exactly what one invisions while reading the books.

Ryan has finished the first 7 books in the series and I am working on the seventh. We have really enjoyed them! HBO has the potential to takes the show a long way. The further it goes the better it gets...

Not to spoil anyone's anticipation for the season three, but I will just toss this out there... Werewolves.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

I want the books!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin