Wednesday, June 3, 2009

They're Creepy and They're Crawly..

This post is example of me being WAY OUT OF CHARACTER! You see I have a pretty competitive personality and if someone says that I can't do something or even takes it so far as to dare me... I have to prove them wrong (unless it's something that I rule too scary and in that case that was just a lie).

Long story short- When we were out on the island the weekend of Memorial Day, Deidra found a craw fish. I didn't even know craw fish lived on the banks of islands around Lake Martin. I mean sure- I know craw fish live on river banks in and around the South. But I have never seen one that was alive and well sneaking up to a campsite. Once discovered the little craw fish created quite a stir among the campers- especially my little cousin, Zach, and his buddy, Payton. They gawked over this helpless craw fish.

One thing lead to another and the next thing I knew I was being dared to attach said craw fish to my earlobe! What? Why? Well, because that's the kind of thing nine-year-old little boys think of. That's why.

The craw fish was so scary!




But I had been dared. For me there was no turning back. I had to just go for it. I had an island of campers to prove my bravery to- and so it was. I braced myself for what was to come. Took a deep breath and said, "Get the camera ready. I don't know how long I will last" and with that it happened...



You can tell from the picture that it was scary and painful. Send me off to film an episode of Fear Factor because I pretty much dominated this challenge. Guess what? My little cousin, Zach... Yeah. He had to do it too.



We later boiled this craw fish (pictured above) and many families feasted for days on end.

(No craw fish was harmed in the creation of this blog. It was later released back in to it's natural habitat.)

2 comments:

Lacey said...

hahahaha!!!

beachvintage.com said...

Very funny. Thanks for making me chuckle on a Friday. And thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a nice comment.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin