Monday, June 1, 2009

Funky Finds

This past weekend I attended my friend Lacey's art show. She blogs over at My Jewelry Box (see side bar to check out her blog). She is one of my best friends ever. So when I found out her art class would have their work on display and up for purchase I had to scoot on up to Birmingham and check it out. The art show had some great pieces. Lacey's dad kept saying none of them compared to Lacey's. It was also a big deal because I got to see Katie Beth (she's the one that stands out in the pic). I hadn't seen in her in forever so I was thrilled.




I purchased two paintings, which I love. The first one that I found was for me.



The lady that painted it said it was of her weenie dog. (it made me think of Ziggie) So cute. It was love at first sight. I was the first person to buy any of "her work." She was thrilled.

The second painting I purchased was for Ryan. He didn't go with me... so it was a total surprise and he loved it. It's so pretty.



A lady named Ann Phillips painted his. She was really cool. She keeps a journal of the people that take her art home with them. So I found myself outside with Ann and the painting... she took several picture of me and the sail boats... "to remember who her art work goes home with."

Saturday morning Lacey and I went to breakfast together at Tiffany's. Just kidding... we just went and enjoyed a chicken biscuit together at Chick-Fil-A. YUMMM... After that we were on our way over to pick up Lacey's art work when we passed a little yard sale. One man's junk is another man's treasure. And so it was on Saturday morning that I found the perfect plant stand for Ryan's front porch for a mere $5.00. I have been saying for several weeks that I need to find something to put the fern in. (as it doesn't really have a great place to hang) And I found it at that little yard sale we happened upon.



Not the best picture, but you get the idea.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better- would you believe Lacey offered to give me a piece of her artwork for free? I know. She shouldn't have. But she did. It's hanging in the kitchen at Ryan's.



I love all my funky finds and I think they add a lot to Ryan's humble abode.

P.S. Lacey sold one painting at her art show. That is her story to tell- so go check it out on her blog.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Wonderful recap! Thanks for the shout out my friend!

Katie Beth Owens said...

It made my ENTIRE weekend to see you Jessica! You did have some excellent finds and I esp. love the painting of the sailboats. Anne Phillips (and Lacey) has truly inspired me to pursue a future art class with Lacey. Miss you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin