Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Master Plan

I don't know about you all but I have some of the best friends a person could ever ask for.

When I was younger I always thought that our friendships would never change- and for the most part they haven't. Given, I do come from a small town and had always assumed that we would all always be extremely close. I will be honest here. My best friends and I (when we were in high school- so we were oh so young and naive) planned on graduating from college, getting married, and living in the same gated community. Really. We actually had long discussion about this master plan. We even discussed how -once we were MARRIED- we would try to have children at the same time so that they could all be in the same grade. We are a lot.

So far we have all graduated from college, but that's about the only thing that has gone according to plan. We have all gotten jobs, but not all in the same town. Only one of us has gotten married... and who knows she may just go ahead and have a baby without any regard to the master plan! I am in our hometown, some of us ended up in Birmingham, Atlanta or even Auburn.

The one thing that has remained the same is the friendship that we all share. We can go for months without actually talking to one another, but once we're all together... it's just like old times. That's why I love my friends. We may be loud (if you have ever been around us... that is probably the only complaint you will have) but we are true to ourselves and for the most part lots of fun!

I have come to the realization that as we get older we have to make a point to stay in touch. Find time for one another. But the great thing about a true friend is that no matter how long you may go between visits.... you can pick up right where you left off.



3 comments:

Lacey said...

AMEN SISTA!!!! I'm still down with the gated community and I don't want kids til you are preg too b/c I never want to be really fat by myself! MUCH LOVE!!!

t.p.p.

Brittany Bain Stegall said...

warm feelings man, warm feelings. love you.

Bess said...

I'm just sitting here smiling at my desk:)....this just makes me happy!! I love you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin