Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Fun!


I had a wonderful Easter Weekend. I just love Easter. The fact that you spend Sunday Morning at church then the rest of the afternoon with family - makes for the perfect day.

Ryan and I had breakfast together and headed to church. The service was so nice. The Pastor at Ryan's church is so insightful. The message was about Easter and the events that took place 2000 years ago... but it was also about what the events of Easter mean for us today. The Pastor discussed finding hope in a time of despair- and the importance of turning to Him for guidance during difficult times. Not to get to heavy for anyone- but the message on Sunday was really good.

After church Ryan and I made our rounds- literally. We went all over the place. First to The Bolan's in town, then to The Sanford Easter in Coosa County, and last but not least to The Toland Easter get together at the farm. I will be honest here- I did try to be a little selfish and tell Ryan that I didn't care if I went to my Easter by myself- he didn't have to come... it would be fine. However, I realized that I was being selfish (in attempt to spend the most time with my family) and quickly retracted my statement, which I followed up with kind words such as... I don't really want to miss your family's Easter lunch, but we better not be late for MY family's because of YOUR'S. I realize that this is something I need to work on.
I am so thankful that we both have large families that all value the importance of spending time with one another. I loved every minute of every location. We laughed a lot, ate way more than I would like to discuss at this time, and enjoyed time with our families. Who could ask for a better day?

Oh... and the flower arrangement that I promised is coming. Continue holding your breath.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin