Wednesday, February 15, 2012

V Day Run Down

Ryan and I don't "do" valentine's day so much. Not because it's lame or a holiday created by for us to spend money, but just because we don't. 

If we do buy something for one another it's usually something practical, for instance last year I got new tennis shoes which were needed. This year Ryan hooked me up with a new Otter Box iPhone cover. I'm hard on my stuff and I've broken two covers since I've had this phone. See... Practical. 

I made Ryan's Valentine Card this year. It was a portrait of him. On the inside I wrote a sweet note...

Notice the stunning similarity.  May have missed my calling.
... on the outside I wrote, "Love, Mrs. Sanford (not your mom)". Ryan glanced at the card quickly and read aloud, "Love, Mrs. Sanford (your hot mom)" I got so tickled. Because both are kind of true.

I love Ryan everyday. Valentine's is just an excuse to go out to eat and indulge in too much candy. Holla for a dollar if you ate your weight in candy yesterday! I'm hollering in my office, albeit a bit of a stifled holler, as this left over chocolate Reese's heart is in my mouth makes it a bit difficult to yell. 

V Day Vino

For dinner we did a group date night with several friends. We had cocktails and caught up. It was so fun!! Valentine's made for a good excuse for a night on the town!!

2 comments:

Fash Boulevard said...

so sweet. amazing post, love. if you get a sec I have a fabulous giveaway valued at $634.50 that I'd love for you to enter. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I think Valentine's Day is overrated. Just a day to spend way too much on candy & flowers. We should show the LOVE each & every day...not just one day a year! Great post!!! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin