Monday, March 9, 2009

Auburn is where my heart is...


Ryan and I had a great weekend! As planned, we went to Auburn for a day filled with fun. We got into Auburn around 11:30 and had lunch at Momma G's first. Then we decided to walk around campus. I am going to be honest here, I am super jealous that we didn't have the new Foy when we were there. It is so nice. I loved it. I have seen it from the outside and lord knows I watched it being built, but I had not toured it until this weekend. It's really nice.

As we were walking around campus we got hot (it was like 80 degrees and we had on long sleeves- huge mistake), so I insisted that we head over to Ander's for a T-shirt. Ryan and I both got new Auburn T-shirts that we sported for the remainder of the day. In case you are wondering, and I know you are, he got a navy two button, auburn, collared shirt (that he swears he will just give to his dad- "b/c he would love it") and my new auburn tee is kind of random. It has the old-school aubie on it... but it's an "XL" b/c it's a Girls shirt. The lady at the check out told me that it was not a ladies shirt... and I told her that was just fine- Everyone knows I'm petite.

After shopping, we headed on over to the Coliseum for the game. According to all accounts the game was sold out, but if I am honest here... there were still a few empty seats. The game was so fun!! And in case you missed it- WE WON!! My favorite part of the game, other than Aubie's antics, was the "Kiss Cam." During half-time, the kiss cam would spotlight a couple and they were supposed to kiss, which was displayed on the jumbo screen for all to see. All the couples that were highlighted were in their 60's and 70's... One couple actually hard core made out and then another couple refused to do it- blatantly shaking their head in disgrace at the camera. It really had me tickled. Ryan said he might kiss me if the kiss cam ever spotlighted us. I told him he better or the guy next to me might!

After the exciting game, we finished our day off at Mellow Mushroom, which was delicious and then headed home.

It was a fun-filled weekend!

Oh- and quick correction to Friday's post... I stated that Auburn would get to go to the NCAA playoffs if we beat LSU, however, that was not exactly true. We would have to beat LSU-which we did- then we would have to have a few things happen in the the SEC tournament for Auburn to get into the playoffs. I am sure no one really cared about that error, but I know when Ryan sees it he will want to correct me... and I will be able to tell him to refer to the next post, for the "correction."

1 comment:

Blaire Wood said...

I was in AU on Sat. and me and Kristen went to drink green beer at B Street. sure do wish I would have run into you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin