Monday, March 2, 2009

In case you were hiding in a cave somewhere...

It snowed yesterday. Which basically means that everyone in the Southeastern United States freaked out!! If you happened to check your facebook yesterday, you would have noticed that every other person took time to make an album to show off what their yard looked like with 1/2 inch of snow or they updated their "status" to something like this... "Name here is watching TV and it's snowing" or "Name here is I can't believe it's snowing" or, my personal favorite... "Name here is IT*IS* S*N*O*W*I*N*G!!!" Are you kidding me? We all know that it is snowing.

I am not sure why, but that aggravated me yesterday. I love that it snowed because little kids love it. It is a huge event in any CHILD's life to experience a snow day. However, for all the people in college it should not be a life altering moment. I mean students at Auburn attempted to have school cancelled for today- which is sunny and beautiful. Props for trying to miss a day of school... but in the real world that won't fly.

Don't get me wrong I think it is beautiful when it snows and I do wish that it would snow once a year. But there is no reason to freak out about it. I live in a small town and every time there is a chance of snow, the local newspaper runs the story on the front page! Now is that necessary? I think not.

I guess what I am trying to say is let's all learn to enjoy the snow on a more mature level. Take time to enjoy how beautiful it is and even build a snowman with a young child... but please don't completely lose it!

That's my soapbox for today. Thanks for letting me vent!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

You did just spend a week in Colorado, so snow is no biggie to the likes of you! hahaha! I enjoyed the vent.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin