Monday, October 29, 2012

O.T.W.- A Fall Getaway, Part I

What a great fall weekend we had. Every now and then a weekend getaway is just what the doctor ordered.


Mom, Dad, Ryan and I went spent the weekend together in Georgia for all kinds of Fall Fun!

Saturday morning we were up bright and early and on the road around 6:30 a.m. We ventured over to Stone Mountain, GA for the Country Living Fair and a day of fun.

We didn't really know what to expect in regard to the Country Living Fair, but from what we had heard we knew it would be right up our alley (for mom and I anyway). As far as Dad and Ryan they enjoyed it and were really good sports all weekend. Mom and I shopped and came up all sorts of DIY's for the men to tackle.

We arrived at Stone Mountain around 10:00 a.m and started our day.


Upon entering the fair grounds we were a little overwhelmed. There were so many people, so many booths, and so many directions that it was tough to know where to start.

The wire wienie dog may live at my home now.

But with a map in hand we dove right in. One of the vendors I began talking to described the Country Living Fair as being ETSY in real life. I honestly couldn't have agreed more.



Booths included art work, antiques, jewelry and all things handmade from soaps to pillows.

I could have filled a truck up with furniture and decor, but alas I didn't have the funds or the truck so I made a few simple purchases.

We ate lunch at the fair which consisted of ribbon fires, corn pups, kettle popcorn, and fried pickles. Super healthy!


Ryan may or may not get tired of posing for pictures. ha.

After spending several hours conquering the Country Living Fair we decided to check out the rest of Stone Mountain Park.

I had never been to Stone Mountain State Park so I had no idea of what all it had to offer. As it turns out it is a beautiful park with all sorts of things to do. From walking trails to campgrounds, from a train ride to a Skyride to the top of the Stone Mountain it had plenty to fun things for the weekend.

The first thing we wanted to do after lunch was take the Skyride up the top of the mountain.


The Stone "Mountain" goes roughly 1100 feet up and 10 miles below ground.

I asked everyone to convey how scared they were about going to the top in a photo:


Apparently Ryan smiles in the face of danger, Dad is amused/scared/excited, Mom said I could NOT put her scared pic on the Internet, and I'm panic stricken.




It was beautiful from the top of the mountain. Probably one of our favorite parts of the trip.


After taking in the veiws we headed back down to check out a few of the other treasures the park had to offer.


That evening we went to the Laser Show (been there done that-- probably wouldn't do it again) and then had dinner and cocktails at a little cafe in town.


 
Up next... Part II which will include A Dream Home, a semi celebrity town, and lunch at an Irish Pub.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin