Wednesday, January 30, 2013

On the Menu

Last night for supper I tried out a new recipe. I try to mix it up in the kitchen but it is so easy to get in a rut during the week. I tend to fall back on the same old tried and true recipes, but that can get old. Right?

Yesterday I decided I was going to actually make one of the many recipes that I've pinned. The only requirements were it had to be quick and easy because I had several errands to run prior to going home and knew I would be getting a later start that usual.

The winner from my pinterest board was......... CORNBREAD POT PIE!

Picture Via

It met all of the criteria-- easy, quick yet still delicious. I decided to half the recipe and used an 8x8 pan since it was just Ryan and I. I love a meal that I can cut in half so that we don't waste so much. It was the perfect amount. Ryan and I both had plenty to eat and I even packed up the rest for his lunch today! (read:good wifey)


Here is the link to the recipe if you want to toss it into your week night rotation.  (also I used a rotisserie chicken from the deli instead of making my own-- saves even more time) Enjoy!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin