Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Catching Up Post...(not an original title)

I'm way behind on my blogging. Some times in life we just have to live in the present without regard to blog content. Right?

So here's a catching up post for you.

A couple of weekends ago Ali came to town and spent the weekend with Ryan and I. We had cocktails, shopped,  feasted on sushi and enjoyed more cocktails.
clockwise: Ali and I at Chuck's, Ryan and I in our matching shirts, the most obnoxiously in love couple ever, and dinner


The following Monday (Aug. 20) we had a Mexican Fiesta for Deidra, as she turned another year older!

Lacey, moi, Deidra


Chips and salsa, a good ole margarita, and good people is a winning combination for me (and Deidra's birthday).

Over this past weekend I attended a family reunion on my Dad's side of the family. It was so great to get to hear the different stories of my dad and his siblings and cousins growing up (the spread of home cooked goodness wasn't too shabby either).
Random pic of some of the cows on our farm, Aunt Celia, Uncle John, Dad

After the reunion we rode by our farm for a little bit. My Uncle John has built an outhouse (just for fun).

And it's not your typical outhouse... he made sure it was a double-seater. 

He's also included a 1994 Sears Catalog for one's reading pleasure. 

Hilarious.

Sunday was my sweet mama's birthday so we celebrated!


I handled the side dishes (twice baked potatoes, 7 layer salad, homemade chocolate pound cake) and Dad manned the grill. It was the perfect ending to our weekend.

Now, we should be all caught up!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin