Wednesday, September 1, 2010

O.T.W. (late edition)

***I would like to say that I am sorry the week is almost over and I am just now posting what happened last weekend... and the new weekend is almost upon us. It's just the kind of crazy week I've had.***

We didn't have a huge weekend planned, however, it was still eventful.

Friday night I had a "girls night out" with Deidra. She and I decided we would go to a local restaurant for dinner and drinks. Well, as the restaurant was closing Deidra and I felt the urge to hit up a local Mexican restaurant for karaoke. (this is really random) Let's just say not only did we duet an all time favorite karaoke song, Fancy by Reba McEntire. I also personally belted out Whitney Huston's I Will Always Love You acapella. It was pretty intense.
"And IIIIIIIII E IIIIIII WILLLL ALLLLWAAAAAAAAYS LOOOOOOOOVVVVEEEE YOOUUUU EW AHHHH..."
At the end of the night the people in charge of the karaoke wanted our names so that they would remember us next time because, (and I quote) "we really livened the party up!" I think they were borderline wanting to hire me to MC because I was not giving up the mic.

Saturday was quite eventful. We had a wedding to attend roughly an hour and half away. As we started getting ready it was one obstacle after another. First we couldn't find the jacket to the suit Ryan wanted to wear. Then we couldn't locate the khakis for his option option number two. We finally got him an outfit worked out the would be suitable for the wedding (it was not what he wanted to wear but, like I said, it was going to have do).

Next up, I started getting ready to go. We were already pushing it on time, but it was totally doable. I rushed around like a crazy person and when it came time for me to get dressed...  I could not locate the dress I wanted to wear!!

I realize at this point in the story you are thinking that I need to work on the laundry, but that's not the case. We figured out that Ryan's suit jacket is at his work, and the other missing articles of clothing have not been seen since a close friend's wedding weekend. So we can assume everything is together somewhere... it's just a matter of where?

Needless to say, I tossed another dress and threw on some fancy shoes to dress it up, as it was going to be a later wedding and we hit the road.

I asked Ryan if we should stop for gas or get down the road a bit before we stopped. He decided to go ahead and work it out.  Ryan hopped out of the car and started the pump. He then ventured inside the gas station to get us a drink. I noticed that the gas pump had stopped so I thought I would help out the team by removing the pump from the vehicle and getting the receipt. A normal gas pump should have automatically shut off when the tank was full (or so I assumed). As I removed the pump from the tank gas WENT EVERYWHERE. I was totally sprayed with gas. My dress was covered in gas (down to my bra), my hair had gas in it, my legs were covered, my hands, my arms... I was a serious fire hazard.

According to the above newspaper clipping (located via google) it gas pumps have had automatic shut offs since way back when.
I ran into the store yelling at Ryan, "I got gas all over me. I was trying to help out and the stupid pump didn't shut off. What are we going to do?" Ryan stared blankly in ahh of the situation.

I rushed passed him and headed straight for the restroom, washed my hand and attempted to clean my self up. At this point I was high on fumes and feeling as though I has done a sufficient job getting rid of the terrible smell. I ran back out to the car, hopped in and asked Ryan if I still smelled like gas... He responded, "Yes. Yes, you do. You reek of gas and I can't ride an hour and half with this smell and we certainly can't go in a church for a wedding with you smelling like you just bathed in gasoline."

Long story short- we didn't make it the wedding. We went back home. I had to basically take another shower and we both had an intense head ache from the stench.

It just wasn't in the cards for us.

Hope your weekend plans worked out better than ours!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

WOW... What a mess. Whose wedding?

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

I'm having a fabulous Rebecca boho bag giveaway! Interested? :)
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin