Friday, May 22, 2009

Long Weekend

It's Memorial Day 2009! I love this holiday because it marks the 'true' start to summer, in my opinion. This little holiday has earned quite the reputation among my friends. We love that we are all together for a weekend enjoying the lake. We are all getting together for a good ole cook out one day and we are going to Marshall Tucker Band Concert at The Amphitheater one night. I just love it! I am super excited and ready for the festivities to begin.

I do want to point out, however, that we shouldn't get caught up in all the festivities and forget about the reason we actually celebrate this holiday. *que star spangle banner* I am so thankful to live in a country where we are free to be who we are and where we have soldier that proudly fight for our freedom. I hope that everyone has a wonderful and SAFE holiday weekend- just take a minute to remember why we are celebrating!

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY! Enjoy the long weekend.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

I am diggin that flag. We needed that on a Tshirt!

Anonymous said...

well said. Freedom is not Free.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin