Monday, July 16, 2012

O.T.W. Rodeo Club and Lake Goodness

Over the weekend...

Ryan and I hit up The Rodeo Club and enjoyed some good ole lake time!

For those of you unfamiliar with the Rodeo Club allow me to explain this "classy" (read:sarcasm) establishment to you. The Rodeo Club has been around for years! It is a hole in the wall bar with live entertainment and billiards. It's a private club so they make their own rules (read: allow people to smoke inside and can serve alcohol later in to the night). One encounters all walks of life in this place.

Our local country music radio station was hosting a singing competition and we had two friends entered. So I tossed on my denim shorts and Ryan and I hit the club to cheer on our friends.
Clockwise from top left: DJ (competitor) and Justin; Ryan and me; The group of competitors that made it to round 2; Ali and me


Saturday morning we ventured back to DJ's for lake fun! We cruised on the pontoon boat and eventually settled in on a island, where the boys played horseshoes and the girls floated and chatted away.

From L-R: DJ and Eric; Kyle, Champ and Jack lounging on the island; group shot ; bro and me

Clockwise from: Bro posing; Ali, Ashley, Mallory, & Amanda; Dee smiling; Riding the boat; Ali and me.

Saturday night we all went to Niffer's on the Lake for dinner.

We got to spend a little bit of time with sweet, sweet Kaci. 


We even talked our pal, Wade, in to attempting the Niffasaurus (see description below-- 1 1/2 pounds of beef, a fried egg). 



Wade dominated the Niffasaurus and all he got was a bumper sticker! It was the funniest thing. We thought his meal would be free if he ate it all. Not the case.

Overall it was a good weekend. Really good weekend!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin