Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Let Me Tell You 'Bout My Best Friend


His name is Ryan and he is my BF. We have dated for roughly two years give or take a few months.... it's a little fuzzy when to actually start counting because we were good friends-then we were dating... and on top of that it was a secret for a while. We just go with it. Whatever, right?

Ryan and I have known each other forever! Literally- we didn't have a choice in the matter because our parents have been friends since their college years. So Ryan and I were tossed together many moons ago- neither of realizing that we would one day be more than just friends. I like to think it was fate. Our parents were not just friends because they had fun hanging out together... They met so that they could eventually bring Ryan and I together. That's my take on it anyway.

One might look at the two of us and think of the old saying "opposites attract." He is tall, I'm not. He is quite, I am NOT at all quite!! He is dark (dark brown eyes, BLACK hair, olive skin tone) and I am what Ryan considers "colorful"(meaning I have blonde hair, blue eyes, average skin tone). But we are really not all that different... We have a similar sense of humor, we both LOVE to aggravate just to aggravate, we're both laid back and we share many of the same hobbies.

RYAN loves:

-Auburn Football
-NFL Football (his favorite team is The COLTS-loves Payton Manning)
-High School Football... you get my drift... he is OBSESSED with football. I love when football season finally arrives because that means tailgating fun has also arrived... but I love to see football season go... because that means we don't have to spend every single weekend watching football. I have learned where random NFL Players played college ball, I know all the commentators on ESPN, and quite frankly I can talk serious football around the office water cooler because of all the knowledge Ryan has eagerly shared with me. For example, I know that Steve Young played college ball at Brigham Young, then played in the NFL for the 49er's and is now a commentator for ESPN. I'm just sayin'
-Favorite Foods are: Pizza, Crab Angels, poppy seed chicken, and Jim Bob's (and he is a huge fan of Wanda's home cooking too).
-Loves a good movie- his all time favorite is FOREST GUMP
-Loves something sweet after he eats... he gets this honest... b/c any time we have lunch/dinner at his parents house, shortly after eating his dad is offering up a little something sweet.
-Ryan loves Bo Jackson Sanford- his black lab that is technically the family pet. Bo Jackson Sanford is like 15 years old and bless his heart he can't hear a thing but loves to have his belly rubbed while laying by the fire.

I could go on and on but I won't. However, I will venture out to say above all... Ryan loves me the most... and quite frankly the feeling is mutual.

I think that we suit each other quite well. Sometimes I need to be reminded that I don't have to be the center of attention and it's okay to just sit back and let someone else do the talking, and to be honest, Ryan sometimes needs me to help ease him out of his comfort zone.

Basically we just work!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

AMEN sista! That's love right there and I love Ryan Sanford as well :) I think you need to list all of yall's many songs as well, there are some good ones!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin